PICKS EARLY SEASON CREW

Eight That Will Represent Yale in Preliminary Races is Definitely Chosen-Will Include Two Veterans

Coach Guy Nickals of Yale announced on Saturday that he had picked the crew which would race in the first regattas of the season-against Pennsylvania on April 16, against Columbia on April 30, and against Princeton and Cornell on May 21. All of these races are short, none of them scheduled for more than two miles, and Coach Nickals will make a big change before the four-mile classic against the University.

In the boat as picked for the short races there will, be at most only two veterans of last year's eight which rowed at New London, namely Carson, the veteran coxswain, and Captain Hord. At present the latter is sick and has been replaced by C. M. Trowbridge.

Heminway, who stroked the 150-pound crew last year, has been put in as stroke on the regular eight in place of the veteran Ward Cheney since the return of Nickals.

The boat is seated as follows: Bow, Whitney; 2, Carman; 3, Haldeman; 4, Martin; 5, Gibson; 6, Trowbridge; 7, H. J. Mall; stroke, Heminway.