TO HAVE PISTOL PRACTICE

University R. O. T. C. Expects to Form Team to Shoot Against Yale, Princeton, Cornell, West Point, and Penn

Members of the University Field Artillery Unit are now receiving preliminary pistol instruction in preparation for shooting at the Wakefield Range next week. The men will be given aiming and sighting drills and practice in the use of the U. S. Army Automatic Pistol, Calibre 45, which will be used. The students will be taken to Wakefield by truck, and will shoot the dismounted pistol course. Those qualifying in the instruction course, will shoot record practice as well.

It is planned to take the Artillery Unit's Battery of 3-inch guns to the range also, where a chance for sub-calibre practice with them will be given.

Major Goetz announced yesterday that the University R. O. T. C. had been challenged to pistol matches by the Artillery Units at several nearby colleges, including Yale, Princeton, Cornell, West Point, and the University of Pennsylvania. It is probable that all these invitations will be accepted, the University's team being chosen on the basis of the target practice at Wakefield.