POPE '24 FINANCE CHAIRMAN

F. K. Kernan Runner-up in Competition to Raise Funds for Class of 1924--Clean up Drive Starts Monday

Charles Knowles Pope '24 of Boston has been appointed chairman of the Freshman Finance Committee, as the result of a week's competition in which all members of the Finance Committee were eligible. Pope collected the largest amount of money in subscriptions from Members of the class, but he was close-pressed to the very end of the competition by Francis Kernan Kernan Jr., of Utica, N. Y., who has been appointed first sub-chairman. The remaining three sub-chairman in the order in which they finished the competition are: Isadore Black of Trenton, N. J.; William Lloyd Garrison 3rd of West Newton; and Harry Eldridge of Hempstead, L. I., N. Y.

A clean-up drive will be started on Monday when all members of the Committee divided into groups headed by the sub-chairman, will canvass men who have not yet been reached, especially men living outside the Freshman Dormitories, and the final report on the amount collected will be reserved until next week.

Isadore Black has temporarily resigned as sub-chairman.