OPPORTUNITIES FOR GRADUATES IN CHINA

Opening for Three Teachers of English and One of History or Physics--Full Details Available at Phillips Brooks House

The Harvard Mission has received word concerning several teaching positions in schools and colleges in China, which are open to college graduates. Two men are wanted to sail within a month or six weeks, to teach English in a well-to-do private school for boys. Men who have had experience or training in teaching English to foreigners would be especially welcome. A three year contract is offered. The salary is $150 (Mexican) a month, and travelling expenses to and from China are also paid. A summer vacation with pay is provided.

Two men are wanted to sail in August to take positions in the University of Nanking. One is wanted as an instructor of English; the other as a teacher of higher mathematics, to teach trigonometry and calculus, and to help the Physics Department if necessary. Travelling expenses, a $250 outfit allowance, a salary of $1600 (Mexican) a year, and a house and medical attention are offered.

A man is wanted to act as director and teacher of Physics or history, or both, in the Shanghai American School for Missionaries Children. A contract of from three to five years at $1600 (Mexican) a year is offered. In addition, travelling expenses and an outfit allowance of $75 will be paid.

Further information about any of these position may be obtained at Phillips Brooks House.