GLEE CLUB PRESENTS OPERA "PARSIFAL" WITH SYMPHONY

TO BE HELD AT SYMPHONY HALL AT 2.30 THIS AFTERNOON

This afternoon at 2.30 the University Glee Club will for the first time in its history sing in a regular subscription concert with the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Symphony Hall. The Glee Club, the Radcliffe Choral society, and the Orchestra will combine in presenting the first act of Richard Wagner's symbolic opera "Parsifal".

There will be ninety men from the Glee Club, most of them on the stage, seventy girls of the Choral Society, and over one hundred musicians engaged in the presentation of the work which forms the last number of the special Easter program. The Orchestra and eighty men of the Glee Club, including all those who are on the stage, will be under the direction of Mr. Pierre Monteux conductor of the Boston Symphony while Dr. A. T. Davison '06 will direct the singing of the girls and some of the men behind the scenes.

"Parsifal" which was Wagner's last opera, has been chosen specially for the Easter season in imitation of the custom of the Metropolitan Opera Company of New York, which annually presents the opera on Good Friday.

The presentation of the act begins with the "Transformation Scene", in which the scene changes from the garden of the enchantress to the Hall of the knights of the Holy Grail, this part is played by the orchestra. When this scene comes to an end, the chorus of the Knights and of the Pages begins in the famous "Holy Grail Scene". The part of the Knights will be sung by the members of the Glee Club, while the girls and men off stage will sing the chorus of the pages.

Tickets for seats which are not regularly subscribed for, may be obtained at the door.