PLAN SOCIAL SERVICE DINNER FOR WEDNESDAY

Professor W. B. Munro, Hugo Franeke, and T. S. Woods to Be Chief Speakers at Dinner to Be Given in Trophy Room of Union

Plans for the Social Service dinner and conference, which is to be held Wednesday evening at 6.15 in the Trophy Room of the Union, have been completed. The dinner is being held under the auspices of the Social Service Committee of the Phillips Brooks House Association.

Dinner will be served in the Trophy Room promptly at 6.15. After the dinner R. R. Higgins '22, the Chairman of the Committee, will preside, and introduce the various speakers. Professor W. B. Munro '99, who will speak on "Americanization," is to give the chief talk of the evening. Professor Munro is Chairman of the Americanization Committee of the Massachusetts American Legion, and is an authority on the subject. The other speakers will be Hugo Francke '15, who will speak on "Social Service Work from a Graduate's View Point," and T. S. Woods '20, who will speak on "My Experiences in Social Service."

The purpose of the Social Service dinner and conference, which is held every year at about this, time, is to get together the students who have been doing work during the winter, and talk over the various problems connected with it. The directors of several of the settlement houses in Boston will be present to discuss matters with the workers, and may be called upon to talk after the dinner.

300 Men Engaged in This Work

During the winter about 300 men have been engaged in this sort of work, under the supervision of Phillips Brooks House, and the dinner is primarily to bring these men together. All other men in the University who are interested, are invited to attend, however, and it is hoped that all men who intend to take up settlement work in the future will come.

The Social Service Secretary requests all those men who are doing social work of any form whatsoever, and who did not take up the work through the office at Phillips Brooks House, to in-form him concerning their activities, in order that an accurate record may be made of the Social Service work being carried on by University students.