AUTHOR OF CAPE COD STORIES TO LECTURE

Joseph C. Lincoln, Novelist and Short-Story Writer, Will Speak on Present Day Fiction at Union on April 6--Open to Union Members

On Wednesday evening, April 6, Joseph C. Lincoln, famous American novelist and short-story writer, will speak at the Union on the fiction of the present day. Mr. Lincoln is the author of numerous stories of American life, chief among which will be remembered "Cape Cod Stories", "The Postmaster," "The Woman Haters" and "Shavings."

Keen insight and an abundant humor have made Mr. Lincoln's characterizations of Cape Cod Sea Captains and fishermen, in his Cape Cod Stories, particularly delightful, and it is of these people that he will speak more particularly in his discussion of modern American fiction, Since Mr. Lincoln has devoted a great deal of time to the study of these "Cape Condition," as they have wittily been referred to, he is acquainted with them and their way of living as few have been, therefore he is particularly well qualified to portray their humorous side. He has also been for several years a contributor of short stories and verse to the various contemporary magazines.

The lecture, which will be open to members of the Union only, will begin promptly at 8 o'clock.