BROWN BEAR COMES TO CAMBRIDGE TO PLAY CRIMSON FIVE

BASKETBALL SEASON TO CLOSE WITH CENTRE MONDAY

With the incentive to make up for the four consecutive defeats urging them on to make a better showing in the two remaining games, the men on the University basketball squad are prepared to meet Brown this evening at 8 o'clock in Hemenway gymnasium, with a style of play and a spirit which they lacked in the first game at Providence two weeks ago. That the men still are a scrappy team was evident in Wednesday's game with Rhode Island State, despite the fact that that game showed a lack of coordination and confidence which Brown, and especially Centre College, will know how to use to advantage. Both the latter teams are famous for that precision and confidence which the University players have not acquired.

Brown University will send up for this evening's game an aggressive and powerful team, whose success this season has been due to rough but not illegal tactics and individual brilliancy. Captain Albright and Barrett are forward players whose speed and brilliant passing make a test for the best defensive system. The University can successfully cope with it by each man covering his opponent and by the forwards being on the alert to check back with the Brown attack.

Line-Up Uncertain Tonight

Coach Wachter is undecided about the line-up which will start the game. The center position is the cause of worry, since Tyson has not rounded into his early season form after his period of inactivity. Pallo has fallen off considerably in the last three weeks, seeming to have lost the knack of sensing passes accurately. Against an aggressive team his light weight is a handicap. It is a question whether Fitts at center and Pallo at forward is a stronger combination than Tyson at center and Fitts in his natural position of right forward. Feiring and Chase will be the backfield men, and McLeish, who was the star of the last two games, makes the fifth.

The Centre College "Colonels" will be the last opponents of the five this season, Monday evening in Hemenway; and will offer an opportunity for seeing Weaver, "Red" Roberts and Alvin "Bo" McMillin, football stars. Tickets for the game may be secured at the H. A. A.