TRACK MEET WITH NORTHEASTERN MEN THIS AFTERNOON

Have Defeated Tufts, Boston and Clark Universities--Victory Conceded to Crimson

In the meet with Northeastern College which is to be held in the Boston Y. M. C. A. Gymnasium this afternoon at 3 o'clock, many Crimson track men whom Coach Bingham hopes to develop into second and third place winners will have an opportunity to get into actual competition. As many men will be started in each event as the limited track accommodations will permit.

Northeastern College, which is one of the most recent entrants into the field of intercollegiate sport has shown up particularly well in track. This season the Boston team has defeated Tufts 41-36 and B. U. 36-31. In the B. A. A. games the relay team defeated the Clark University and B. U. teams by 60 yards. In the American Legion games, the team was defeated by Brown University, after one of the Northeastern runners fell.

While Northeastern College is not counting on a victory in the meet today, it expects to furnish some real competition for the University track men. In the dashes both Coombs and Converse are fast men. Fundin is Northeastern's chief reliance in the 300 and 600-yard events. In the 1000-yard run and in the mile, Nyman and Pierce are expected to place. Although Northeastern College is not so strong in the field events, Young and Herrick have turned in good records in former meets and will probably place today.

The University entries in the Northeastern College meet are:

40-Yard Dash.--V. Chapin '23, E. O. Gourdin '21, J. M. Hoffman '23, S. Mitchell '23, D. Stern '23.

300-Yard Dash.--V. Chapin '23, J. D. Chase '23, R. Chute '22.

600-Yard Run.--E. T. Doherty '23 A. H. Gordon '23, R. N. Johnson '22, J. W. Quinn '23.

1000-yard Run.--F. G. Bemis '22, D. Cairns '23, H. B. Davis ocC., A. J. Fox '21, J. A. McCarthy '22.

Mile Run.--W. C. Bennett '23, R. N. Bryan '22, T. Coolidge '23, H. M. Mahon '22, C. E. Reycroft '21, J. Shepley '21, J. E. Nally '21, S. L. Tait '23, E. A. Weld '21.

Shot-Put.--J. F. Brown '22, B. Lockwood '22, S. A. Saxton '22.

High-Jump.--W. F. Goodell '21, A. K. Murray '23.

Relay Race.--F. G. Bemis '22, V. Chapin '23, R. Chute '22, E. T. Doherty '23, A. J. Fox '21, A. H. Gordon '23, R. N. Johnson '22, J. A. McCarthy '22, J. W. Quinn '23, J. D. Chase '22.