RAMBLERS DEFEAT QUEENS COLLEGE IN OVERTIME PLAY--5-4

WOODRUFF SCORES TWO GOALS FOR VISITING TEAM

In an overtime game last night the Crimson Ramblers outclassed the Queens College team of Canada, 5-4. The game was slow until the third period, but in the extra ten minutes of play both teams played at top form. The Ramblers showed better all-around ability than the Canadians, checking and doing better stick-work throughout.

The team play of the Crimson ice men was also far superior, but the Queens team put up a sterling defense while twice in the third period Woodruff took the puck down the lea single handed when the Canadians most needed the points.

The Ramblers showed that they have become accustomed to the six-man style of play, Bigelow and Snelling especially finding more freedom in starting charges. Queens men found the speed of their opponents too taking and in the second period lagged noticeably, so that single-man attacks were the result. Owen and Stillman were successful in stopping these, however. Both teams seemed out of condition, to which can be accounted their lack of spirit. Stewart and Ratheford made several individual rushes.

In the first period play was especially slow with Campbell of Queens caging the puck in the first minute of play. Bigelow and Bacon came through for the Crimson, however, and in the second period Buntin alone succeeded in scoring. In a last minute rally, Woodruff and Ratheford managed to keep the score even, and in the overtime period of ten minutes Owen made a spectacular dash for the cage and slipped the puck for the winning point.

The summary: RAMBLERS.  QUEENS COLLEGE. Bacon, Angier, Martin, r.w.  l.w., Campbell, Swartman Buntin, Snelling, c. c.,  Stewart, Woodruff Bigelow, Baker, l.w.  r.w., Box Owen, c.p.  c.p., Ratheford E. Stillman, Gratwick, p.  p., Fahey Holmes, g.  g., McNeil

Score, Crimson Ramblers 5, Queens College 4. Goals, Bigelow 2, Woodruff 2, Bacon, Buntin, Owen, Ratheford, Campbell. Referee, Rocque. Three fifteen-minute and one ten-minute periods.