BOYLSTON AND LEE WADE PRIZES FOR ELOCUTION ARE COMBINED

Prospective Competitors Must Notify Dean Briggs of Their Selection On or Before Thursday, April 7

All prospective competitors for the Boylston Prizes for Elocution, with which the Lee Wade Prize is combined this year, and which are open to Seniors and Juniors only, should inform Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75 of their selections on or before Thursday, April 7. The Lee Wade Prize of fifty dollars will be given to the winner of the elocution contest, while the two Boylston Prizes of thirty and the three of twenty dollars will be awarded to the other deserving candidates.

The Boylston Prizes for Elocution were established in 1817 by Ward Nicholas Boylston, of Boston, who made the University a gift of $1,000, the income of which was to be applied to the prizes; while the Leo Wade Prizes were founded in 1915 by Dr. Francis Henry Wade, of Cambridge, in memory of his son, Lee Wade 2nd '14. The candidates entering the elocution contest must speak, not their own compositions, but selections from English, Greek, or Latin authors. At the exhibition no prompting of speakers will be allowed; and a failure of memory will exclude a competitor from consideration in the assignment of the prizes.