OUR BOLSHEVIK ARISTOCRACY

Not so long ago Harvard was attacked for being "essentially aristocratic, pandering to wealth and the idle rich, fostering snobbishness and class distinction"; now an irate graduate writes to the New York Tribune protesting against this very same "seat of aristocracy" for encouraging "theorists whose one intelligible common aim is to break down the existing oroder of things." The 100 percent-American National Security League is also incensed and is marshaling its cohorts into "millitant organizations" of the loyal students" to counteract the spread of Red propaganda.

The efforts of the defenders of law and order to prpevent Harvard from becoming an institution for the propagation of anarchy are laudable but misdirected. Harvard has always boasted of its pretensions to being a section of the outside world, and as such we would be incomplete without our share of "reds." The Liberal League has done its best to secure representation of the conservatives, and the National Security League can do more the "counteract the poison" by joining the Liberal League and making it truly liberal, than by its "militant organizations." At any rate, the CRIMSON wishes to prevent these patrlots any loss of sleep by assuring them that there is no more need for them to worry about our University becoming a red, than there is for the radicals to worry about it as "pandering to wealth."