MISS ADDAMS AND DR. IYENAGA SPEAK TONIGHT

Meeting to be Held Under Auspices of Liberal Club in Union at Eight--Miss Addams Has Had Long Experience in Settlement Work

This evening in the Living Room of the Union, Miss Bane Addams, famous Chicago settlement worker, and Dr. Toyokichi Iyenaga, Director of the East and West News Bureau, will speak under the auspices of the Student Liberal Club. The meeting, which is open to members of the Liberal Club and the Union, will start at eight o'clock with Professor Sayre of the Law School presiding.

The work with which Miss Addams has been most intimately connected is the Social Settlement of Hull House, Chicago.

Dr. Toyokichi Iyenaga, the other speaker of the evening, is a Japanese by birth but came to America early in his life and has received degrees from both Oberlin and Johns Hopkins. After his education in the United States he returned to Japan and there became a professor in Wasada University and in the Higher Commercial Colleges of Tokio. In 1895 he was appointed secretary for the Department of Foreign Affairs, and in 1898 he became a commissioner of the Formesan government to India, Persia, Turkey, and China.