PLAN $15,000 PLANT FOR R. O. T. C. UNIT

Corporation Votes Sum to Erect Buildings on Soldiers Field to care for Equipment--Site to Include Space for Equitation

The department of Military Science and Tactics announced yesterday that the Corporation had appropriated the sum of $15,000 for the purpose of erecting a permanent plant for the work of the Field Artillery Unit. The equipment of the R. O. T. C. is at present distributed in widely separated parts of Cambridge and Boston, a condition of affairs, which makes the work of conducting the courses extremely difficult.

The present plan calls for the erection of stables on an unused portion of Soldiers Field sometime within the next few months, probably during the summer vacation. Provision will be made for all the horses of the unit, and for the materiel, trucks, and other equipment. Space for equitation will also be provided. A bridle path near the proposed site furnishes a place for students to ride, while on mounted passes. It is probable that the enlisted detachment will also be quartered near the stables.

Major Goetz is at present working on the details of the scheme, assisted by the authorities of the University, and will probably announce the complete plans in the near future.