YEARLING FINANCEERS RAISE $3,228.85 FUND

Result of Clean-Up Campaign Nets Second Largest Sum Ever Collected by Freshmen--C. K. Pope Wins Committee Chairman Appointment

With the close of the clean-up campaign last night the Freshman Finance Committee is enabled to announce $3,228.85 the total collected from the class to date. This is the second largest Freshman fund over collected at the University: and although last years Freshman fund amounted to over $300 more, the fact must be taken into consideration that this year only $7 was asked per man whereas last year $8 was the sum solicited.

The clean-up drive proper only netted $226.--$137 from Smith Halls, $98 from Standish Hall, and $89 from Gore. This leaves $3002.85 as the total sum collected in the competition for Finance Committee Chairman, March 10-17, which C. K. Pope won. The dormitory figures for both this and the clean-up drive are: Smith Halls, $1352; Gore Hall. $892.85; Standish, $755. Although the Committee's efforts are now officially ended, contributions from any Freshman will still be received by C. K. Pope. G. S. B. 22.