EIGHTY MINISTERS ATTEND CONFERENCE

President Lowell and Mr. J. F. Moors '83 to Be Speakers at Meeting in Phillips Brooks House at 7.45

Eighty men have registered as delegates from New England colleges to the Fifteenth Annual Conference of Eastern College Men on the Christian ministry, which starts today at 6.30. It was announced yesterday that any member of the University may attend any session of the conference.

At 6.30 o'clock this evening, the Reverend Samuel McChord Crothers will extend the first word of greeting to delegates to the conference at a dinner given at the First Unitarian Church. Following Dr. Crothers, there will be short speeches by C. D. Kepner Jr. 2Dv., Chairman of the Committee of Theological Students, and by representatives of the Hartford and Union Theological Seminaries.

The conference will be formally opened at 7.45 at Phillips Brooks House with an address of welcome by President Lowell. Mr. John F. Moors '83 will follow President Lowell with an address on "The Maintenance of Ideals in the Life of the Nation".

At Andover Seminary Chapel at 9.30 on the beginning of the second day of the conference, there will be an address by the Reverend Charles E. Park of the First Church (Unitarian), Boston; the subject will be "What Constitutes a Call to the Ministry". After this address, the "Minister's Opportunities for Usefulness" will be presented from three angles: first, from that of a Preacher, by the Reverend Willard L. Sperry, Professor of Practical Theology, Andover Theological Seminary; from that of a Student, by the Reverend George T. Smart, Minister of the Newton Highlands Congregational Church; from that of a Pastor, by Dean Edmund S. Rousmaniere of the Cathedral of St. Paul in Boston.

At two o'clock Phillips Brooks House will again be the assembling point of the delegates, who will be addressed by the Reverend John T. Dallas, Rector of the Episcopal Church at Hanover, N. H.; the Reverend Charles L. Noyes Minister of the Broadway-Winter Hill Church, Winter Hill, Mass.; and the Reverend Warren S. Archibald, Minister of the South Church, Hartford, Conn.

At 8, at Phillips Brooks House, "The Christian Ministry and the World's Need" will be discussed by the Reverend John E. Merrill, President of Central Turkey College, Aintab.

Communion Service Sunday

On Sunday there will be a Communion service at 9 o'clock at the Episcopal Theological Seminary. University Service will be held at 11 o'clock in Appleton Chapel, with a sermon by Bishop F. J. McConnell of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

There will be an open meeting at 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon in Phillips Brooks House, at which the Reverend George E. Horr, President of the Newton Theological Institution, will preside.

The last meeting of the conference will be in Appleton Chapel at 7 o'clock in the evening.