LAW SCHOOL MEN DEFEATED

University Tennis Team, Playing in Excellent Form, Wins From Lawyers 7 Matches to 2

The University tennis team, in an informal match with an unofficial Law School team, yesterday came out ahead by almost as chose a margin as with any of the college teams it has opposed. The score, 7-2, hardly tells the story of the set, for all of the matches were fast, and most of them were hard-fought. The Law School team was an all-star aggregation, comprising former University letter-men, and former captains of three other college teams. The match in which Fenno defeated W. P. Whitehouse uL. in two straight sets, 6-2, 6-0, was easily the feature of the singles contest; not so much on account of its closeness as of Fenno's performance. Whitehouse, a finalist in the intercollegiate doubles in 1915 was completely outclassed by the University man's form, his wonderfully accurate placing surpassing anything shown on the courts yesterday afternoon.

The summary of the matches is as follows:

Singles.--de Turenne defeated Guild 6-3, 6-3, Fenno defeated Whitehouse 6-2, 6-0, Feibleman defeated Niles 6-1, 6-4, Duane defeated J. P. Pollard 1L. 6-2, 6-4, W. R. Chandler 3L. defeated Romain 5-7, 6-3, 6-4, Bradley defeated E. H. Conley 2L. 6-3, 6-1.

Doubles.--de Turenne and Fenno defeated W. and R. C. Rand, both 3L., 6-3, 6-3, Feibleman and Romain defeated Niles and Gyild 6-2, 3-6, 6-2, Pollard and Conley defeated Duane and Bradley 6-4, 4-6, 6-4.