LEE WADE ELOCUTION PRIZE GOES TO E. D. HUTCHINSON '22

Judges Long in Deciding Boylston Awards--Finally Go to Weeks, Trustman, Starr, and Phelps

In the competition for the Lee Wade and Boylston prizes for elocution last evening in Sanders Theatre, the first award which was the Lee Wade prize of $50, went to Eliot Dole Hutchinson '22 of Lowell, who recited "The Common Man", by Charles E. Jefferson. The judges were out for three-quarters of an hour before they could give any decision as to the other awards. The only first Boylston prize of $30 awarded was given to Edward Augustus Weeks Jr. '22 of Elizabeth, N. J., on the merits of an excellent recital of Rudyard Kipling's "Wee Willie Winkie". Benjamin Arthur Trustman '22 of Boston, reciting "Loris Ipanoff's Story" by Sardou, Harry Starr '21 of Gloversville, N. Y., reciting Woodrow Wilson's Mount Vernon Address, and Clyde William Phelps '22 of Rockford, III., reciting "Toussaint L'Ouverture", by Wendell Phillips, all took second Boylston prizes of $20 each.

H. B. Faxon '21 presided at the competition and the judges were Messrs. Thurman L. Hood '08 and Henry B. Huntington '97, of the English Department, and Professor Zechariah Chafee of the Law School.