1924 TRACK MEN MEET YALE FRESHMEN AT 3

New Haven Team Is Well Developed With Many Stars--Has Been Defeated by Princeton Freshmen--Crimson Has Strongest Entries in Dashes

Simultaneously with the University-Yale meet at New Haven today, the annual track contest between the Crimson and Blue Freshmen will take place in the Stadium this afternoon, beginning at 3 o'clock. The New Haven yearlings, though defeated by Princeton 60-44 last Saturday, showed great strength against the Hill School earlier in the season; and will face the University 1924 squad today with a well-developed team.

The greatest strength of the Eli Freshmen lies in the distance runs, the hurdles, and the pole-vault. Captain Douglas and Bush are dangerous men in both the 880-yard and mile runs, while Hilles is a strong entry in the two-mile. Hulman is the Blue star in the two hurdling races and the pole-vault, having won all three of these events in the Princeton meet.

Crimson Strongest In Dashes

The Crimson runners should make their best showing in the sprints with Captain J. E. Merrill, H. W. Davis, T. W. Norris and S. A. Simmons as the fastest entries. Of the field events the 1924 men have an excellent chance for first places in the jumps and the hammer-throw. Malcolm Morse in the high and A. W. Dole in the board-jump have both out leaped the best Eli men all season, while R. L. Raymond has equaled Esselsyn of Yale in the hammer-throw.