LACROSSE TEAM DEFEATED

Syracuse Wins 10-0, Swamping Crimson Twelve by Fast Passing and Accurate Shooting -- Rain Hinders Playing

Playing under difficult conditions, on a strange field almost ruined by several hours rain, the Syracuse lacrosse team was nevertheless able to pile up ten goals against the University in the game at Soldiers Field yesterday, and kept the latter from scoring, so that the final score stood 10-0 at the end of the two thirty-minute periods.

The visitors speed and accurate shooting outclassed the Crimson twelve, and although excellent work by G. D. Pratt '22 at the University goal in the first half kept the tally down to three for that period, he could not ward off the rain of shots that Syracuse aimed at his cage in the second half, and let seven more go by. C. A. Tierney '22 also did well on the Crimson defence, but on the whole the team was swept off its feet by its opponents fast passing game, and throughout the contest was unable to recover enough to launch a successful attack. Ross and Lydecker starred for the visitors.

The line-ups: UNIVERSITY.  SYRACUSE. Pratt, g.  g., McAloney Allen, p.  p., Frobisher Tierney, c.p.  c.p., Schmitt Kantor, 1d.  1d., Lowry Wobber, 2d.  2d., Herbert Dallinger, 3d.  3d., Smith Welch, c.  c., Schmidt Hatch, 3a.  3a., Conly Toohy, 2a.  2a., Dickson Lord, 1a.  1a., Lydecker Nunneker, o.h.  o.h., Rose Westman, i.h.  i.h., French

Substitutions. -- University: Treanor for Nunneker; Lindsley for Wobber; Young for Hatch; Wilder for Welch; Nunneker for Lord. Syracuse. -- Edwards for French; Bertenshaw for Schmidt.

Time.--Two thirty-minute periods.

Time.--Two thirty-minute periods.