MASS. AGGIES NINE COMES UP AGAINST CRIMSON PLAYERS

Murphy Probably to Catch, With Russell on Mound and Thayer in Left Field -- Game Called at 3 o'Clock

Although the Massachusetts Agricultural College nine that plays the University at 3 o'clock on Soldiers Field this afternoon is not as powerful an aggregation as the Holy Cross outfit that defeated the Crimson last Wednesday, it will probably show considerable strength both on the attack and on the defense. Ample reason for such a statement is given by the string of six victories that the Maroon and White has gathered out of seven games played. Its unbeaten record was finally broken at Providence last Wednesday, when it went down to defeat before Brown's fourteenth inning rally that broke the 3-3 tie.

M. A. C. Lead-Off Batters Dependable

The Aggies four lead-off batters are their most dependable hitters, and of these Lent and Davis can well be counted on to secure extra bases. The fielding throughout the season has been remarkably clean; especially was this noticeable in the game with Rhode Island State, when, despite the muddy field and the steady rain, the M. A. C. players made only one error. On the pitching staff Brigham and Collins are both reliable. The former is the more brilliant, but will probably not start today, on account of a split hand received while knocking down a hard liner in the Bates game.

In the University line-up there will probably be two important changes for today's game. Murphy, who has just recovered from a sore arm, will be given an opportunity to start behind the bat, and Thayer, who has been out of the game for several weeks with a bad knee will probably be in left field. It is also probable that Goode, who has started the last two contests will be given a rest and that Russell will be on the Crimson mound.