NEW CREDIT RULING FOR SUMMER SCHOOL

Undergraduates Who Receive Average of B or Better Will Be Allowed to Count Two Courses in Summer School Toward Degree of A.B. or S.B.

A new provision concerning the credit to be given to undergraduates in the University Summer School, to be held from July 5 to August 13, this year, has been voted by the faculty. The new ruling provides that all undergraduates who have received an average grade of "B" or better during the academic year may be allowed to count two summer courses, the equivalent of one full course in the University toward the degree of A.B. or S.B. Last summer this privelege was given only to men on the Dean's list. This new ruling has been made in order to include the many men receiving high marks every year who, through carelessness or neglect, do not arrange to have their names placed on the Dean's list.

The same privelege will be granted as usual to men, who, because of their service in the army, the navy, or volunteer police, or the state guard, deserve special consideration. No undergraduate, however, will be permitted to obtain credit for more than one full course, and students not in the above two categories will be allowed to receive credit for only one half-course.

As there are only a few rooms in the Freshman Dormitories not already applied for, the registration this year promises to break all records. Two years ago only two of the Freshman Halls, Gore and Standish, were occupied; last summer part of the Smith Halls were used; but this will be the first year in which all three of the dormitories will be fully included.

The curriculum of the Summer School this year will include over 100 courses. Arrangements will also be made for concerts, exoursions to points of historical interest and to industrial plants, and additional entertainments for the students.