UNIVERSITY LACROSSE TEAM ON THE UPGRADE

By Defeating Cornell Monday Showed Top Form-Attack and Defence Both Good-Yale Game to Be Held in New Haven Next Saturday

Despite the inauspicious start of the season, the University lacrosse team, which will meet Yale in New Haven on Saturday, May, 21, is a powerful organization. Its so far completed schedule stands scrutiny better than that of the Elis. Out of seven games played it has won three, while Yale can count only one victory-that over. Rutgers early in the spring. Last Saturday the Blue was defeated by Cornell 4-3 in the final minutes of play, when the Ithacans shot two goals in quick succession.

It was, on the other hand, in their game with Cornell last Monday, that the Crimson players showed better form than they have so far this season. Presenting a powerful attack, and a defence that successfully baffled its opponents, the University swept over the Ithacans for a 7-3 victory. In this game the Crimson twelve proved that it possessed all the qualities it had formerly appeared to lack, and gave considerable promise of a successful outcome in its contest on Saturday. In connection with Cornell's defeat of Yale, however, it must be remembered that the Elis' weakness was largely due to the lack of three regulars, who will in all probability be back in the line up that faces the Crimson, and the latter cannot for this reason, expect an easy victory.