GRADUATES' DAY

Believing that the alumni primarily want authoritative and enlightening information about the problems with which the University is confronted, the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs, in making arrangements for the second annual Graduates' Day, has laid special emphasis on the morning meeting at which members of the faculty and graduates who are directly connected with the University will speak on matters of special interest. The adoption of this policy is advisable inasmuch as many graduates who live in the vicinity hitherto considered that Graduates' Day was not of interest to them because its first aim was to provide an opportunity to see "Harvard in its working clothes"--and for them that was not a novelty.

As Graduates' Day has an equally strong appeal to all alumni, a large and representative gathering is expected on Saturday. Harvard men in the graduate schools should attend because, while they are still intimately connected with the University, they have a wider and more mature viewpoint then men in the College and consequently are in a position to take an active part in the discussion. It is to them as well as to the older graduates that Harvard looks for council and advice.