MASS. HIGH SCHOOLS TO HOLD MEET IN STADIUM ON JUNE 4

Winning High School Will Be Awarded Silver Cup by H. A. A.--Informal Lunch Arranged for Officials and Entrants

With the cooperation of the H. A. A., the Massachusetts Athletic Association will be enabled to hold its first annual outdoor meet in the Stadium on Saturday, June 4, at 2 o'clock. The winning High School will be awarded a trophy in the form of a silver cup, given by the H. A. A., which will also entertain the entrants and officials before the meet at an informal luncheon at 12 o'clock, probably in the Newell Boathouse.

The meet, which is an innovation this year, is being held for the purpose of promoting acquaintance, good fellowship and cordial understanding among the member schools, as well as of providing outdoor competition. Including the 880-yard relay race (220 yards for each runner), there will be twelve events in the meet, the mile and two-mile races, and the pole vault and hammer throw events being omitted. In the shot put a twelve-pound weight will be used. Gold and silver medals will be awarded for first and second places respectively, and bronze for third and fourth.