SCHOOLBOYS MEET TODAY IN INTERSCHOLASTICS

Exeter, Andover and Worcester Leading Contenders for Honors in Annual Track Meet--Expect New Records to Be Established in Races in Stadium

Nineteen preparatory and private schools have entered the annual Harvard Interscholastic track meet which is to be held in the Stadium at 1.30 o'clock this afternoon. Exeter will twenty-one entries, Andover with twenty-eight and Worcester Academy are the leading contenders for first honors, and, although Exeter is a slight favorite to repeat her victory of last year, the meet will be exceedingly close for not team has exceptional strength.

Schoolboy track enthusiasts look to see several records broke today, a thing which has not happened since 1914, when a new record of 174 feet in the hammer-throw was established by J. T. Murphy. The events in which new records are looked for are the 440-yard dash, the half-mile, and the broad-jump. The broad-jump, mark at present is 23 feet 3 inches, but William Comins of Worcester Academy has bettered this several times this season, and it is expected that he will be able to repeat tomorrow.

There are several runners entered in the meet who have approached the mark established in the half-mile in 1909 by W. J. Bingham of Exeter, who is now coaching the University track team. With Allen of Andover, Jones of Exeter, Tibbetts of Worcester, and Kirley of English High entered in this event, there will be some hard competition, and it is possible that the winner will be forced to better Bingham's time. Captain Robertson of Huntington School may break the record in the quarter if he is pushed hard enough by his competitors.