TRACK TEAM HOLDS LAST PRACTICE TODAY

Runners to Rest Tomorrow Before Beginning of Intercollegites-Captain for 1921-22 to Be Elected Early Part of Next Week

This afternoon Coach Bingham will put the University track squad through its last practice before the Intercollegiates of Friday and Saturday. Yesterday the usual stiff work-out was held on Soldiers Field, the University of California runners holding their first practice in the Stadium at the same time. Thursday every University runner will rest except the milers and two-milers, who will do only light work. Preliminaries in all but the two long distance events will take place Friday afternoon. If the best mark in any of the field events is made in the preliminaries Friday instead of the finals Saturday, it will be counted as the winning one.

With the close of the meet Saturday training for members of the University squad will cease until after Class Day, June 21, when the men picked to face Oxford and Cambridge July 23 will start work. The University captain for next year will be elected at the beginning of next week, probably Monday.