PROF. COOLIDGE TO HEAD SHANNON POST

Is Re-Elected Commandant of University Legionists--Professor Webster Also Re-Elected to Position of Historian of Post

At the meeting of the James A. Shannon Post of the American Legion last night in the Trophy Room of the Union, Professor Julian Lowell Coolidge -95 of the Mathematics Department was reelected Commandant for next year. Professor Kenneth Grant Tremayne Webster '93 of the English Department was also chosen to hold for another year his present position of Historian. The voting on the other officers resulted as follows:

Vice-Commandant, Professor James Bryant Conant '14 of the Chemistry Department; Adjutant, Lloyd Kirkam Garrison 2L, of New York City; Assistant Adjutant, Garrett Mattingly '23 of Allegan, Mich,; Chaplain, Kenneth Claudwell MacArthur '05; Sergeant-at Arms, Richard Newhall Johnson '22 or Newton Center.

The following seven men were chosen for the Executive Committee: Walter Amory '24 of Walpolt, N. H.; Reginald Coggeshall 3G. of Boston; Dr. Roger Irving Lee '02 of the History Department; Assistant Kenneth Ballard Murdock '16; Professor Theodore Lyman '97 of the Physics Department; Professor Chandler Rathbon Post '04 of Greek and Fine Arts.