Y. M. PLANS WORK IN NEW YORK

Social Service Group to Conduct Activities in Worst Part of City

The student department of the Y. M. C. A. in a recent announcement outlined its plans for the work of the college summer service group, which is to be conducted in New York this year. The proposal is to bring there for a period of seven weeks a group of fifty picked students, who will during this time undertake various forms of social service work in preparation for permanent work of this sort after graduation. The object is to give these men experience through first-hand experience in sections of New York where conditions are frequently at there worst. Every man before coming should have attended a student summer conference.

The workers will be under supervision during the period of their residence, one or two being placed in various settlement and neighborhood house. In addition to performing his particular duty, each man will be expected to spend a certain amount of time in study, under the direction of the committee in charge of the group.

A registration fee of $5.00 so required., to meet certain necessary overhead expense. Board and room are furnished by the institution served but all other expenses just be met by the student himself. Application for membership should be made as soon as possible and application blanks and further information may be obtained for Mr. Clarence P. Sheed, New England Y. M. C. A., Boston, Mass.