SACHS FELLOWSHIP AWARDED TO OFFNER

Art Student Wins Most Valuable Single Fellowship at University--Bayard Cutting Fellowship Goes to W. L. Langer '15 for Work in History

The Sachs Research Fellowship, which is the most valuable single fellowship at the University and is awarded to a scholar of proved ability to enable him to do advanced work in fine arts in any part of the world, has been awarded for next year to Richard Offner, who studied here some ten years ago, took his doctor's degree at Vienna, and has recently been teaching in the fine arts at the University of Chicago.

Another award, that of the Bayard Cutting Fellowship, which is "reserved exclusively for men of the highest intellectual attainments and of the greatest promise as productive scholars," preferably in the field of history, goes to William Leonard Langer '15, of Cambridge, who taught history at Worcester Academy for two years and is now teaching and doing advanced work in the same subject at the University.

The Rogers Travelling Fellowships go to Robert Ralston Cawley '15 of Cambridge, a fourth-year graduate student in English, and Stanley Barney Smith '16 of Schoolcraft, Michigan, who now holds a fellowship in the classics.