ENGLISH RUNNERS WILLING TO HOLD MEET ON JULY 16 OR 23

No Official Announcement Yet but Press Dispatches Say Captain Rudd of Oxford Satisfied With Either Date

Although no official announcement has been made by the Athletic Association in regard to an answer by the Oxford-Cambridge authorities to the cablegram sent by Major F. W. Moore '93 Monday, press dispatches received yesterday from London indicate that either July 16 or 23, the two dates proposed for the University-Yale meet with the English colleges, will be acceptable to the latter. The message sent by Major Moore, after consultation with the Yale authorities, said that July 16 would be the most satisfactory date for the two American universities to compete, offering July 23 as an alternative.

Yesterday's London dispatches declared that according to Captain Rudd of the Oxford University track team either date would satisfy the English colleges. Captain Rudd added, however, that it would be necessary to confer further with the Cambridge athletic authorities before sending a formal acceptance of either of the July dates.