NINE TEACHING POSTS IN FRANCE OFFERED

"Assistantships" Which Include Chance to Study in Universities Open to Graduates and Seniors--Apply at University Appointment Office

Opportunities for graduates and Seniors of the University to become "assistants" next year in French lycees colleges and ecoles normales have been offered through the Institute of National Education. Nine posts are open, most of which are within easy reach of one or another of the French Universities where the "assistants" can follow courses, if they choose.

The qualifications of an "assistant" are that he should have the degree of A.B., B.S., or a degree approximately of the value of one of the degrees named. Candidates who have had three years of French courses and who can speak French will be given preference. The duties of an "assistant" are light and he receives room, board, light, and heat free. Anything like luxury in food or surroundings must not be expected and French schools are not as well heated as American schools. A certain adaptability to foreign ways is necessarily a condition of the contentment of those who occupy these posts. The offer of each assistantship is for one year.

For further information concerning these posts candidates should apply to the Appointment Office, 11 University Hall.