WITH THE PUBLISHERS

"Letters of an Ocean Tramp." the first book by William McFee, was regularity published for the first time in this country in Doubledy, Page & Company on April 29th. Only few copies of the London edition have strayed to American and these are so rare and difficult to obtain that the growing army of McFee admirer has demanded a new edition. This is reprinted from the original book and there is in addition a 6000-ward pretaee by the author.

The letter themselves are whimsical, rambling and discursive accounts of the life of asteamphi engineer on the Seven Seizes, the routine of the ship illumed by McFee' day Scottish humor, glimpses of people shipmates, stevedors, and the vast motley collection of people met by he sailorman ashore, and also the auhers thought, his views on art, on books and all the magnified impressions of a full life.

Bill Hart, according to the latest reports has decided to turn his attention form moving pictures to the creation of litters. Two books for boys, "Injun and Whiter" and "Injun and Whiter Strike Out for Themselves, are the extent of his writing to date, but, freed from the necessity of continual careening over the Western plains, be expects an immediate increase in his literary output.

Gilbert Frankau who, in writhing "Peter Lameson" sprang into the forefornt of British novelists of the war period, has rip his fortune again in "Seeds of enchantment" a move of Indo-China. The set to Frank Danby. Mr. rankau has had a unusual variety of experience, ranging from presidency of a large corporation in England to travel in most of strange corners of the world. He has been hailed by Rudyard killing as the coming British novelist.

Whether or no the limerick is to be Gased among the accepted forms of verse it seem of appeal ot at least a spirt of the reading public as is indicated by the republication of Florence H. Garliner's "The smiile on the Face of the Tiger under the new title of "Limstricks"