ELIS FAVORED TO WIN FROM TIGER RUNNERS

Yale With Well Balanced Team Hopes to Average 59-45 Defeat of Last Year--Campbell, Hilles and Gardner Expected to Win Firsts for Blue

While the University, Princeton and Annapolls oarsmen are racing this afternoon on Lake Carnegie, the other important intercollegiate event of the day will take place at Princeton in the form of the annual dual track meet between the Tigers and the Elis. Yale is favorite to win the contest, and is especially anxious to emerge victorious in order to average its 59-45 defeat by the Orange and Black runners last year. The New Haven men are bent on either equalling or exceeding this score in their own favor.

Yale has a half-dozen loading performers who are counted upon as sure point winners for tomorrow, Captain Read who has run under the two-minute mark repeatedly in the helf-mile this spring, should be able to place in this event; while Campbell, all-round middle distance man, should of course capture first, Campbell ran anchor men on the two-mile Yale relay team at the Penn Carnival and turned in the time of 1.54, for his 100 ft. yard section. He is also capable of done the mile in close to 4 minutes, 20 seconds, Seimens and Willson are two other milers who should place. In the two-milers relay team at the Penn Carnival, is the chief Yale entry. Rich and Johnson should prove able assistants.

Tigers Weak in Distance Events

Priceton's hopes in the distance runs are far less bright than Yale's. Captain McCulloch of the Tiger team is a dependable veteran, but will have great difficulty in winning from Campbell, the Elistar. Other Princeton distance men of promise are Penfield is the most likely one of these to place against Yale. Captain Swede of the Princeton cross-country team will be the Tiger's chief hope in the two-mile. Swede holds the inter scholastic championship of the country in this event; and the competition between him and Hilles will be of the keenest variety although Swede is still bothered by a foot injury received this winter

Yale is especially strong in the pole vault and the jumps, in which events Princeton will not be able to rival the Eli men. In the pole-vault Gardner and Rogers have both been doing over twelve for this spring. The former, who tied for first place in this event at the penn relays, is almost sure to win against Princeton today. The principal Tiger pole-vaulters will be Baker and Paul

LONDON SURE WINNER IN HIGH JUMP

Londan and Cowies in the high and broad-jumps respectively are two other likely first-place winners for Yale in today's meet. Londan won the Olympics last year in the high-jump, and barring accident should be able to outleap any man on the Princeton squad. Martin and Hannon will also help the Elis in repeating lst year's performance of a clean sweep in the high-jump. Cowles in the broad-jump is pitted against Lourie, who won the event in the dual meet last year. But the latter this season has fallen behind his rival and must improved by at post a foot to defeat him tomorrow. Goodwin should place third for Yale with little difficulty.

In the dashes the hurdles and the weight events the Tiger and Building are more evenly matched. Halsey keek, captain owaley will give stiff competition in the weight event's to cross, Jordan and Acosts of Yale. The last two named both starred at New Haven in football last fall, and Acosta won the Princeton meet last year in the hammer throw.

SPRINTERS EVENLY MATCHED

Yale has two brilliant sprinters in Fieldman, Freshman star last year, and Schoelter, who was out of condition all last season. Both of these are capable of 10 and 22 seconds flat in the 100 and 220 yard dashes respectively. However, if the dashes are to be the deciding factor of the meet, Princeton will have a very even chance with the Elis. Lourie, Croft and Ferguson of the fight. Lourie will also enter the hurdles, although the best Princeton man in the two hurdling events is Messey. O 'Brienand shedden are the Eli hopes in the hurdles.

In the 440 a pretty race should develop between Coxe or Yale and Stevenson of Princeton British champion in the event, The former won in the dual meet last year and is even faster now. But Stevenson also has improved; and if he makes the same showing today as he did against Oxford last summer, the Tigers can depend upon him for a first place.