U. OF PENN SLUGGERS OPPOSE CRIMSON ON SOLDIERS FIELD TODAY

RUSSELL OR GOODE TO HURL FOR HOME TEAM

The University baseball team, which hit its winning stride again last Wednesday when it defeated Williams by the score of 6 to 2, will attempt to repeat its performance this afternoon when it meets the University of Pennsylvania nine at 3 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

The strength of the visiting team is uncertain; although the Red and Blue nine was defeated in two straight games by Princeton by the score of 6 to 4 and 6 to 3, and lost to Yale 4 to 2, they showed an entire reversal of form on May 18 and broke Penn State's string of 31 straight victories by an eight inning rally; the final score was 4 to 2. Penn also divided a series of two games with Dartmouth, taking the first one in Philadelphia 9 to 1, but losing the second at Hanover 5 to 10. Penn defeated Bowdoin 4 to 3, a team which lost to the University by the score of 4 to 1. Williams was also defeated by the Red and Blue nine 6 to 1, and on last Thursday, the visitors shut out Colgate 6 to 0.

Larson seems to be Penn's best bot in the box as he has pitched his team to five victories. Against Princeton, in the first game, Harvey, playing leftfield for Penn succeeded in getting 3 hits out of five times at bat, one of them going for two bases; Myers also got a two bagger. In the second game, Mouradian and Myers each smashed out a triple, the former getting two hits out of three times at bat.

Although it has not yet been decided whether Goode or Russell will be in the box, the remainder of the University nine will line up exactly as it played in the Williams game. Thayer, who showed up well on Wednesday, will continue in right field, as Crocker and Buell, who have alternated this position so far this season, have both been kept out of practice lately by slight illness