CRIMSON GOLF TEAM FINISHES SIXTH IN INTERCOLLEGIATE

Dartmouth Wins, Followed by Yale, Drake, Cambridge and Princeton--Six Players Entered From University

The University golf team finished sixth in a field of nine teams in the intercollegiate golf tournament held from June 28 to July 2 on the links of the Greenwich Country Club. The Dartmouth team won the tournament with Yale. Drake, Cambridge and Princeton next in order.

F. Macll, Bacon '21 and Durham Jones '21 were the outstanding individual players for the Crimson, both qualifying for the individual tournament. Jones eliminated Scott, the Yale captain, in the first round, but failed to win in his second match while Bacon was put out of the running in the first round.

Individual honors were finally won by J. Simpson Dean of Princeton, who defeated Jesse Sweets of Yale on the 34th hole after a brilliant match.

In addition to Bacon and Jones, C. W. Baker '22, Gerald Henderson '21, H. R. W. Shelling '21, and C. F. Havemeyer '21, took part for the University.

After the tournament the Intercollegiate Golf Association decided to hold the 1922 tournament at Garden City, Long Island.