FALL BASEBALL TO START WEDNESDAY

Meeting of All Candidates on Tuesday--Ten Games Planned for Autumn Schedule--Coach Slattery to Work Men as Long as Weather Permits

Fall practice for the University baseball team, will start next Wednesday, September 28, when Coach Slattery will take charge of a squad on which he expects to have twenty-five or thirty men.

Several veterans of last year's team, including Captain A. J. Conlon '22, George Owen '23, H. C. Janin '23, and several promising players from the 1924 team will be unable to report, because they are now out for football, but this will not prevent Coach Slattery from devoting a good deal of attention to the practice. He is especially desirous that the pitchers should have this opportunity for extra work.

A meeting of all baseball men to discuss plans for fall practice will be held on Tuesday evening. Coach Slattery, Captain Conlon and possibly others will address the players and outline the schedule of work. The time and place of the meeting have not yet been decided.

Ten games with semi-professional teams are planned for the autumn schedule which will last as long as the weather permits, probably for three weeks at least.