CHOOSE COMMITTEE ON ROWING FOR 1921-22

To be Headed by R. F. Herrick '90 Who Will Have Charge of University Crew Squad in Conjunction With Coach Haines-Dr. Howe to Coach 1925

Subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee, the Rowing Committee for the year 1921-22 will be made up as follows: Mr. R. F. Herrick '90, Chairman; Mr. E. C. Storrow '89, Mr. F. L. Higginson Jr. '00, Dr. R. H. Howe Jr. '01, Mr. Leverett Saltonstall '14, and Mr. H. B. Cabot Jr. '17 as members. There will probable be one more member added to this committee in the near future.

Mr. Herrick, acting in conjunction with Coach William Haines, will have charge of the training of the University crew squad and Dr. Howe will be in charge of the Freshmen squad, having been given another year's leave of absence by the trustees of Middiesex School. Dr. Howe will be assisted by Coach Herbert Haines, as he was last year, and also by Delmar Leighton '19, storke of the 1919 University crew and for this autumn, R. S. Hubbard '24, who rowed in his Freshmen boat last year but is unable to row this fall.

Coach Brown will again have charge of the Class Crews, and there should be especially keen competition in this branch of rowing this year, when it is recalled that five members of the winning class crew last year rowed in the victorious Second University boat at New London.

Fall crew practice will begin for both the University and the Freshman squads on Wednesday afternoon, the University men to report at the Newell Boathouse and the Freshmen to report at Weld. The definite time of practice will be announced later. The regular coaches will be in charge of both squads.

The Freshman squad will be called out for enrolment tomorrow, when all men who intend to row should report in the Smith Halls Common Room. Dr. Howe, Coach Herbert Haines, and Captain L. B. McCagg '22 of the University Crew will address the men and explain to them the work of the year and definite plans for the fall.

The coached plan to continue practice longer than usual this autumn in order that the candidates may get as much experience out of the work as possible before the actual crew season starts in February. As a result practice will be continued until weather conditions become absolutely prohibitive.