MAJESTIC OFFERS GOOD BILL

"NOTE--The order of appearance of acts is indicated by annunciators each side of the stage, and the position given an act on the program does not in the least reflect on its merit. It is only fair to the artists, therefore, to judge their work solely on merit, and not by the order in which they appear on the program."

Every time we read that at the head of vaudeville program we sincerely endeavor, out of "fairness to the actors", to believe it. Hereafter, however, when we go to the Majestic Theatre (often we hope) we will utterly disregard the notice. The management and the artists must excuse us.

The vaudeville offered this week is of two kinds--third rate and first rate--the latter being all in the second half of the bill.

The less said about the first acts the better; the second series of offerings is better vaudeville than we had ever hoped to see in Boston or anywhere else. Even the concluding gymnasts are excellent; it all is of the quality that one might expect in the Greenwich Village Follies.

Regal and Moore, "late of Ed Wynn's Carnival", gave their acrobatic and dancing act--clever acrobatics enlivened with plenty of humor. Followed Belle Storey, "America's foremost Coloratura Soprano". Marvel of marvels, she is not only possessed of a voice and evidently has heard the English language spoken, but she is an extremely pleasant object for contemplation. We had thought that all good singers must be built on the pouter pigeon model and Miss Storey was an agreeable surprise.

Bert Clark and Flavio Arcaro in musical comedy patter are amusing--extremely so-- from start to finish of a long act. The line "America's Youngest Star", advertising the next act rather prejudiced us against Mr. Georgie Price; we had visions of a knickerbockered in- fant prodigy. But any such fears were dispelled at his appearance. Mr. Price is young, to be sure, but only as young as most musical comedy stars are made up to be. His offering is a number of clever imitations of Broadway stars--Jolson, Leonard, Foy--and any one else that the audience asked for. He has a pleasant personality, a trifle too much Broadway perhaps, but his enthusiasm makes up for that and he "gets away big". Finally two acrobats--"Gymnastic finesse a la Femme--performs feats that would be difficult for "Gymnasts a l'homme"