SECOND ELEVEN FACES VETERAN EXETER TEAM

Game to be Played on Opponent's Field This Afternoon--Coach Knox's Men Have Advantage in Line But Back fields are on Even Terms

Coach J. L. Knox's second team will play the first game of its 1921 season today when it faces the strong veteran Exeter team on the latter's home field. As the scrubs only nosed out the New Hampshire school eleven by the margin of a single touchdown last fall, the contest this afternoon is expected to prove a hard struggle for the black-jerseyed men.

The Exeter line this year is exceptionally strong, being composed in the main of veteran material. Coach Knox's eleven, however, will enter the contest with a considerable advantage in weight as far as the line is concerned, a factor that will count no matter how scrappy the New Hampshire team turns out to be.

Seconds Have Light Backfield

The second team backfield is not heavy and will begin the contest in this respect on approximately even terms with the four Exeter rushers. The scrub backs starting will be two former 1924 players, L. B. Lockwood and R. B. Greene, at Halfback, and two members of last year's seconds, J. S. Greenberg '22 and J. G. Cronin '22 at quarterback and fullback respectively.

The second team line will play as follows: le., P. E. Wilson '23; l.t., M. W. Self '23; l.g., J. M. Maloney '23; c., R. D. Gross '23; r.g., C. L. Short '23; r.t., C. K. Cummings '23; re., L. M. Hirshon '22. In addition to these men eleven substitutes will make the trip: A. R. Giroux '24, J. M. Hartley '23, K. N. Hill '24, C. B. Newhall '23, F. W. Pratt '23, H. L. Pratt '23, Paul Palmer '23, W. P. Scott '23, T. L. Turney '24, H. B. Wagner '22, and W. B. Wood '23.