1925 STICKMEN YIELD TO SECONDS IN GAME

Yearlings Lead Upperclassmen Until First Team Is Replaced by Second-String Men--Effort Made to Speed Up Freshman Skaters

Coach Humphrey sent the Freshman hockey squad against the second University sextet yesterday in his first effort to eradicate the faults shown in the game with Malden High last Saturday. The Saturday contest was no test for the yearlings as a very weak opposition was furnished by the schoolboys, but a lack of speed and team work was noticeable in the Crimson skaters. For the first time yesterday Coach Humphrey gave the men a few starts and followed with some rushing of the line on the defense. The practice scrimmage with the seconds showed a strong yearling first string combination, which was able to lead the seconds men till weaker Freshmen were substituted. The poor ice gave little opportunity for their lack of speed to work against them. Early in the work-out G. W. Burgess scored the only tally for the Freshmen. It was not until the second yearling team was substituted that the University seconds came back, L. C. Keyes '24 and J. L. Bancroft '23 both scoring. The 1925 skaters far outshone their opponents in the first part of the scrimmage, giving every indication of a strong sextet when speed and teamwork are acquired. The opening line-ups follow but both coaches made extensive use of substitutes. SECONDS  1925 Maxwell Fish '23, r.w.  l.w., G. W. Burgess P. W. Putman '23, c.  c., E. M. Beals Jr. G. C. Guild '23, l.w.  r.w., C. L. Peirson J. C. Bancroft '23, c.p.  c.p., Clark Hodder E. C. Lincoln '22, p.  p., P. W. Chase Malcolm Dole '24, g.  g., W. D. Cantillon