SCRIMMAGE WITH M. I. T. MARKS HOCKEY PRACTICE

University Players Have Little Difficulty in Practice Game With Vanquishers of Yale--Crimson Stickmen Develop Inaccurate Shooting

The M. I. T. hockey sextet, which overcame Yale Saturday 1-0, was the opponent of the University team in yesterday's scrimmage at the Arena. The Crimson players had little difficulty in keeping the puck well up in the Engineers' territory most of the time, but did not show as good a brand of hockey as usual.

In the first place Coach Claflin's men did not get really started until the practice game was well under way. The tendency to start slowly has been very noticeable in both the regular contests and the daily scrimmages. Until the Crimson players remedy the situation, the team will not be at its highest point of efficiency.

Secondly, the University men displayed yesterday very poor shooting ability. Besides delaying the shot too long in numerous cases, Coach Claflin's players made far too many inaccurate attempts at the M. I. T. goal. For instance, three times Crimson skaters were alone in front of the Engineers' net; and on each occasion no tally was made. This shows clearly that the University men do not always make the most of their opportunities to score.