PRO AMORE LIBRORUM

In this issue of the CRIMSON we are printing a blank for the use of our readers in expressing their opinions on the books of 1921. The results of this poll should be both interesting and enlightening; if it is taken seriously, it will show what kind of books are popular in the University. From the number of returns which come in we hope to be able to estimate the part that reading plays in the life of the various classes of Harvard men. If a sufficient number of ballots are returned it will be possible to subdivide the vote according to three classifications -- undergraduates, graduates and faculty. Perhaps it will be of interest to the undergraduate to know what his instructor reads; certainly the latter will be none the worse off for being acquainted with what pleases his students.

Obviously such a poll will be of no value if those voting do not express an honest opinion; as this is not an income tax blank, it costs no more to be sincere. Half-hearted support in this, as in class elections, will doom the experiment to failure.