THE 1922 SCHEDULE

With the addition of the University of Florida to the list, the 1922 football schedule is completed. The presence of an opponent from a region as far away as Florida is hardly more interesting than the fact that no two of the nine teams which the University will meet next year are from the same state. We welcome the opportunity of facing an institution of the far South, more especially because it means intersectional football for Harvard. In spite of the many printed attacks on commercialism in football, on the "expense of victory", which we read every year as the season ends, attacks which are often aimed primarily at intersectional contests, the fact remains that such games can be of immense good. Publicity of the right sort does no harm. In the case of colleges more publicity is gained through football than through any other single means. As international sport events have proved their worth in furthering friendship between countries, so intersectional games should foster a finer and more sympathetic understanding among the colleges of the country. Harvard has been slow to take advantage of this. The fact that we shall become acquainted in 1922 with nine teams from nine states gives the new schedule a touch of the unusual that makes it decidedly welcome.