UNIVERSITY AND 1925 BASKETBALL MEN WILL CLASH THIS AFTERNOON

GAMES TO BE HELD IN FRESHMAN ATHLETIC BUILDING

This afternoon at 4 o'clock in the Freshman Athletic Building Coach Wachter will send his basketball squad against Coach Tolbert's yearlings. Although definite line-ups have been announced for the three teams on each side, both coaches intend to make frequent substitutions in all quintets and every man in both University and Freshman squads will probably have an opportunity to play.

Since this is the last hard workout that the first string men will have before meeting Worcester Tech Saturday evening, Coach Wachter will start in the initial game his regular first team of Gordon and McLeish, forwards, Fitts, center, and Black and Rudofsky, guards. Although the playing of this combination has proved satisfactory so far, the coaches have decided that increased scoring power is essential even if gained at the expense of the defensive strength of the team and hence the second half of the first team game will probably find a radical shift in the composition of the University quintet, Captain McLeish or Gordon replacing one of the guards and Lowenthal or Pallo taking over a forward berth.

Undecided About Changes

Whether this change is to be permanent has not been decided as yet. If it proves satisfactory this afternoon it will probably be tried out in the last part of the game with the Engineers Saturday. It is likely to be permanent for rest of the season if it is found to add to the power of the team at the time.

Yesterday's workout of the University five was marked by the return of Hartley, one of last year's regulars, who was injured on the first day of practice this fall. He reported at the first workout Tuesday but was not sent through practice until yesterday. The session on the part of both Freshman and University was devoted to a long drill in defense work, the one-man, two-man and five-man defense all being tried.

The following is the line-up of the teams to start this afternoon: UNIVERSITY TEAM A  1925 McLeish, r.f.  l.g., A. W. Samborski Gordon, l.f.  r.g., G. M. Quivey Fitts, c.  c., J. L. Scully Black, r.g.  l.f., J. E. Bunting Rudofsky, l.g.  r.f., Samuel Merriam TEAM B  1925 B Lowenthal, r.f.  l.g., D. P. Loker Pallo, l.f.  r.g., Donald Bourne Love or Tyson, c.  c., J. F. King Hartley, r.g.  l.f., Kent Middleton Miller, l.g.  r.f., I. M. Barnett TEAM C  1925 C Stevens, r.f.  l.g., W. A. Morrison Greenberg, l.f.  r.g., S. L. Stevens Sipp, c.  c., H. A. McElroy Egan, r.g.  l.f., J. L. Caughey Barker, l.g.  r.f., G. E. Gebelein