ANNOUNCE REGULATIONS FOR DESIGN COMPETITION

Candidates Must Submit Sets for 47 Workshop Play by February 13--Actual Models Required -- Begin Competition Today

The competition for the scenery and custume designs of the 47 Workshop's new play "Crucible" will begin this morning at 9 o'clock. Candidates may get descriptions of the sets and costumes needed by calling at the Workshop office after 9 o'clock tomorrow.

More drawings of the proposed scenes will not be sufficient, but actual models conforming to the following regulations will be required: Models must be made on the one-half inch scale, (i. e., one-half inch to the foot). Each model must have a proscenium front as a frame, and must be furnished with complete lighting equipment, including bulbs and wires. Candidates submitting models for all the sets will receive preference in judgment, but others should hand in as many sets as they are able to complete.

Copies of the play may be obtained at the Workshop; they must be read at the office and may not be removed. Men interested may if necessary make appointments with Mr. B. H. Clark, artistic director, and with the author. Designs for both costumes and scenery must be submitted before 10 o'clock on the morning of February 13.

The competition for the scenery design of the third act of "Pastora Impera", the play to be presented by the Workshop on January 26 and 27, was won by R. L. Wayne 2G. Wayne was a co-designer of the winning set for Act II, scene 2 of the same play.