FIRST ROUND PLAYED OFF IN GOLF TOURNEY CHAMPIONSHIP FLIGHT

EXHIBITION MATCH POSTPONED TILL OCTOBER 24

The first round in the championship flight of the University Golf Tournament has been played off with the following results:

R. M. Clough '24 defeated E. T. Anthony 1L.

R. T. Jones '23 defeated R. A. Burdick 1L.

R. S. Phillips '24 defeated W. W. Cutler Jr. '23.

H. K. Clay '24 defeated K. F. Nash '26.

G. P. Ludlam '25 defeated Bernard Miller '25.

C. L. Peirson '25 defeated W. Soule '25.

C. C. de Gersdorff '24 defeated A. M. White '25.

Clark Hodder '25 defeated J. R. Wood '25.

The second round is not yet completed, but with the results already in, a reasonably accurate conjecture of the semifinalists can be made. In the second round:

Clark Hoder '25 defeated C. C. de Gersdorff '23.

R. T. Jones '23 defeated H. K. Clay '24.

The other two matches of the round are between C. L. Peirson '25 and G. P. Ludlam '25, and between R. M. Clough '24 and R. S. Phillips '24. There seems to be no doubt that Peirson will defeat Ludlam, but the other match cannot be foretold. In fact it is expected to be one of the closest and best matches of the tournament.

Exhibition Match Postponed

The exhibition match between J. R. Sweetser, R. K. Knepper, R. T. Jones '23, and F. W. Ouimet which was announced for Friday, October 20, has been postponed until Tuesday, October 24, on account of a tournament which will be taking place at Braeburn on Friday, making it impossible to procure the course until the following Tuesday. Tickets for the exhibition go on sale today at Leavitt and Perice's and at the Harvard Cooperative Society at $1.10 each.

The qualifying round of the Freshman tournament which began yesterday will be completed today. Since there are only twenty-six entries in all, a championship flight of only eight men will qualify.