REPUBLICAN CLUB PLANS CAMPAIGN

Present Organization Continues Work of Harding and Coolidge Club--Prominent Speakers Expected

Senator James Walcott Wadsworth, of New York, will be the chief speaker at the first open meeting of the year of the Republican Club of Harvard, to be held in the Union Tuesday evening. October 10, at 8 o'clock. Preceding the meeting a dinner will be given in the Faculty Room of the Union, at which the committees of the club and several invited guests will be present. Senator Wadsworth, in addition to being a member of the Senate since 1915, was a member of the New York Assembly from 1905 until 1910 and Speaker from 1906 to 1910. In 1908, 1912, and 1916, he was a delegate to the National Republican Convention.

The executive committee met for the first time Friday and tentative plans for their work in the coming campaign, were discussed. It is planned to hold several meetings before Election Day to arouse interest throughout the University and to gain support for the Republican party. At the first meeting there will be other speakers besides Senator Wadsworth and for future meetings the executive committee expects to have, among others, Mr. Theodore Roosevelt '08, and at least one member of the cabinet.

The present Republican Club of Harvard is a continuation and reorganization of the "Harding and Coolidge Club of Harvard" of 1920. This body had a membership of over 1700 students and took part in the Boston torchlight parade of that year. Work was begun by the present committee last spring and letters expressing approval and gratification of the organization's activities have been received from such men as President Harding, Vice-President Coolidge, Mr. Will Hays, and Governor Cox.

The committee for the year consists of J. N. Hamlin '23, chairman, H. C. Lodge Jr. '24, Boies Penrose '25, H. H. Reed '23, W. E. Stearns '23, secretary, and C. D. Whidden '23. The last named will be in charge of the publicity, while Penrose is to be chairman of the finance committee. The members of the subcommittees will be announced this afternoon.