SOCCER BEGINS TODAY WITH BRIGHT PROSPECTS

Eight Letter Men Back Furnish Hope for Championship Team--Practice to Start at 3.30--Candidates for Managership Report Today

At a meeting of candidates for the University and Freshman soccer teams at the Varsity Club last night, forty men reported for the University eleven and twenty-five for the yearling team. Captain R. W. Heizer '23 addressed the meeting, declaring that with eight letter men back and the new material expected to report, the outlook for an intercollegiate championship team was better than for many years.

Practice for both the University and Freshman candidates will begin at 3.30 this afternoon on Soldiers Field: men reporting are asked to bring their own equipment. The name of the new coach for the team will be announced later.

The first game of the season will probably be held a week from Saturday. The Freshman schedule, which has not yet been approved, includes a game with the Yale yearlings on November 26.

Candidates for the position of second assistant manager of the University team from the Sophomore class, and for manager and assistant manager of the 1926 team from the Freshman class, will report this afternoon at 1.05 at Stoughton 31. The successful Sophomore candidate will automatically become manager in his senior year, and the manager of the Freshman team will receive his numerals.