MIR MAHMOOD SPEAKS ON THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS

Advocates at Opening Meeting of Liberal Club That United States Enter Into League's Activities--Offers Three Resolutions

Speaking before the opening meeting of the Students' Liberal Club in the Clubhouse in Winthrop street last night, Mr. Mir Mahmood, President of the Oxford International Assembly, strongly urged the cooperation of the United States with the other world powers in the interest of peace.

Mr. Mahmood said that the League of Nations, even at its worst, is a constructive improvement on old conditions and not merely a political corporation. It has organized a Permanent Court of International Justice as the only alternative to war for settling international disputes, and, moreover, it is carrying on a vigorous campaign against disease, with which non-official American institutions like the Rockefeller Foundation are openly co-operating.

Advocates Three Resolutions

Believing that the United States could officially join such activities of the League forthwith, even if it could not see its way at present to enter the League, Mr. Mahmood advocated the following three resolutions:

(1) That the United States Senate be requested to appoint a committee forthwith to report within three months which, if any, of the activities of the League of Nations the United States can and should join immediately, without committing itself to enter the League.

(2) That the same committee be authorized to suggest amendments in the Covenant of the League which may make it possible for America to support it.

(3) That the Senate should forthwith consider means of associating America officially with the Court of International Justice, without committing itself to join the League.